- I would gain some volunteer experience.
- I would love to be part of a team.
- I am confident and enjoy talking to people and will also be happy to undertake some practical tasks around the Zoo.
- I understand that the role would not involve work experience or direct animal contact.
- I am keen to study and learn new things and develop my visitor engagement skills.
- A bit of rain doesn't worry me because I have a can-do attitude and enjoy the fun you get when you muck in to get things done.
- I am fit enough to spend the whole day walking around the Zoo, able to work independently and can commit to coming in weekly.
- I would definitely be able to come in on either a Saturday or Sunday for the entire programme.
If this sounds like you - you would be best suited to our Tuatara Club Junior Volunteer role.
Applications for the 2024 Tuatara Club Volunteer Programme will open on 1 March 2024 and close on 12 April 2024.
The programme will run from 1 June – 25 August 2024.
There is one intake of volunteers each year and two options regarding days, either the Saturday Programme or the Sunday Programme.
You will need to be confident that you can attend every week for a 13-week period, the hours each volunteer day are from 9.30am – 3.00pm.
Before applying, please download and read the Tuatara Club FAQs
Please note: You will be required to complete a conservation quiz as part of your application process. You may want to research the information first before starting the application process, click here to download conservation quiz questions.
Volunteering after the completion of the programme?
Provided you meet the entry criteria, you may be able to apply for another zoo volunteer role on the completion of the Tuatara Club Programme and the over 18 year requirement will be waived. Please note, that acceptance for on-going volunteer roles is not guaranteed.
Any queries, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (09) 353 2090.