- I would gain some volunteer experience.
- I would love to be part of a team.
- I am confident and enjoy talking to people and will also be happy to undertake some practical tasks around the Zoo.
- I understand that the role would not involve work experience or direct animal contact.
- I am keen to study and learn new things and develop my visitor engagement skills.
- A bit of rain doesn't worry me because I have a can-do attitude and enjoy the fun you get when you muck in to get things done.
- I am fit enough to spend the whole day walking around the Zoo, able to work independently and can commit to coming in weekly.
- I would definitely be able to come in on either a Saturday or Sunday for the entire programme.
If this sounds like you - you would be best suited to our Tuatara Club Junior Volunteer role.
There will be two intakes, one starting August, and one starting December. There are also two options regarding days, you can choose either the Saturday Programme or the Sunday Programme.
You will need to be confident that you can attend every week for a three month period, the hours each volunteer day are from 9.30am – 3.00pm. This is very important, please check the dates below carefully. You should not apply if there are any days you will not be able to attend.
The 2019 intake information is as follows:
- Applications open 1 July
- Applications close 30 July
- Interviews 10 and 11 August
- Induction Day 17 August
- Programme starts Saturday 24 or Sunday 25 August
- Programme finishes Saturday 9 or Sunday 10 November
- The November Intake will not be offered in 2019. We will release the dates for the 2020 Intakes in February 2020.
Volunteering after the completion of the programme?
Provided you meet the entry criteria, you may be able to apply for another zoo volunteer role on the completion of the Tuatara Club Programme and the over 18 year requirement will be waived. Please note, that acceptance for on-going volunteer roles is not guaranteed.
Before applying, please download and read the Tuatara Club FAQs
Please note: You will be required to complete a conservation quiz as part of your application process. You may want to research the information first before starting the application process, click here to download conservation quiz questions.
Any queries, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (09) 353 2090.