- I would gain some volunteer experience.
- I would love to be part of a team.
- I am confident and enjoy talking to people and will also be happy to undertake some practical tasks around the Zoo.
- I understand that the role would not involve work experience or direct animal contact.
- I am keen to study and learn new things and develop my visitor engagement skills.
- A bit of rain doesn't worry me because I have a can-do attitude and enjoy the fun you get when you muck in to get things done.
- I am fit enough to spend the whole day walking around the Zoo, able to work independently and can commit to coming in weekly.
- I would definitely be able to come in on either a Saturday or Sunday for the entire programme.
If this sounds like you - you would be best suited to our Tuatara Club Junior Volunteer role.
The 2018 programme will run differently to previous years. There will be two intakes, and two options regarding days, you can choose either the Saturday Programme or the Sunday Programme.
You will need to be confident that you can attend every week for a three month period, the hours each volunteer day are from 9.30am – 3.00pm.
The 2018 intake information is as follows:
- Applications open 1st June
- Applications close 30th June
- Interviews 7th – 13th July
- Induction 18th and 19th July (both days must be attended)
- Programme starts 21st or 22nd July
- Programme finishes 13th or 14th October
- Applications open 1st October
- Applications close 31st October
- Interviews 17th or 18th Nov
- Induction 1st and 2nd December (both days must be attended)
- Programme starts 8th or 9th December
- Programme finishes 23rd or 24th February
Volunteering after the completion of the programme?
Provided you meet the entry criteria, you will be able to apply for another zoo volunteer role on the completion of the Tuatara Club Programme and the over 18 year requirement will be waived. Please note, that acceptance for on-going volunteer roles is not guaranteed.
Before applying, please download and read the Tuatara Club FAQs
Please note: You will be required to complete a conservation quiz as part of your application process. You may want to research the information first before starting the application process, click here to download conservation quiz questions.
To apply for this role, click here.
Any queries, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (09) 353 2090.