Auckland Zoo is a passionate, world-renowned not-for-profit conservation organisation that each year welcomes over half million New Zealanders and 150,000+ international visitors.

At the heart of everything we do is our mission to bring people together to build a future for wildlife. From the exceptional care we give our animals to the diverse and dynamic experiences we offer our visitors, our extensive conservation efforts for threatened wildlife here in Aotearoa and all around the world, as well as our future plans – we’re working and dreaming big! 

It’s only with the collaboration and support of our like-minded partners and sponsors that we can continue to succeed and make a positive difference for wildlife and wild places.

As part of Regional Facilities Auckland (RFA), a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO), Auckland Zoo receives a much-valued 14% subsidy from Auckland Council, but as a not-for-profit, we are reliant on the remaining 86% from our wonderful visitors, sponsors and partners.

https://assets.aucklandartgallery.com/assets/media/website-sponsors-rectangle_mainImage.png

Video

Rotoroa Island

Auckland Zoo has been managing a wildlife programme in partnership with the Rotoroa Island Trust for almost five years on one of the Hauraki Gulf’s most beautiful islands. Our outreach schools’ programme gives children a unique opportunity to learn about wildlife conservation in the field.

Video

Mazda

Whether we’re accompanying a giraffe to Wellington, or heading off road to release wētāpunga in a BT50 ute, Mazda has been with us all the way.

Video

The Warehouse school Zoofari

For the past five years we have partnered with The Warehouse to bring low decile schools from Auckland and Northland to the Zoo for an unforgettable conservation education experience.

Video

Tip Top

Auckland Zoo is a pretty great place to have an ice cream, so we’re super grateful that Tip Top went to massive lengths to remove unsustainable palm oil from all of their products so we can enjoy deforestation free ice cream every day!

Other Opportunities