Our winter opening hours are: 9:30am - 4:30pm
The last entry is at 3:30pm
Your support means the world to us – and the animals that we care for here at the Zoo and in the wild. If you haven't been able to visit us due to the zoo being closed for unexpected reasons such as major weather events, flooding or Covid-19 lockdowns, we will extended your membership for the period that we are closed, so that you won’t miss out, and will still receive your full 12-months’ membership.
You don’t need to contact us to receive this additional period of membership as we’ll change your end-date automatically. If your membership is due for renewal while we are closed, then we sincerely hope you consider continuing to support the Zoo, even if you can’t visit for the time being.
If you do have any other specific questions, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Yes you can. Gifting a zoo trip is a truly memorable gift for your loved ones to connect with nature and each other.
You can gift a Gift Card or an Annual Pass.
We want to give a little back to some of our communities, whose wellbeing we feel will benefit most from a visit to Auckland Zoo in this reopening phase. Called ‘community tickets’ these are free of charge, must be applied for, with priority given to certain types of our audiences.
Priority will be given to application for tickets from the following audiences:
- Households on low income/unemployed
- People with additional needs and/or disabilities
- Front line essential workers - such as healthcare workers and essential services such as supermarket, foodbank staff, and bus drivers, etc.
To apply, visit our Community Tickets page.
We have recently introduced a new ticket structure with peak (weekends, school & public holiday days) and off-peak (all other days) pricing and lower priced pre-booked options (booked before Midnight the day prior), and different prices for Aucklanders versus Non-Aucklanders & International visitors.
- A flexible peak ticket is $29/adult and $16.50/child (4-14 years)
- A pre-booked peak ticket is $24/adult and $14/child (4-14 years)
- A pre-booked off-peak ticket is $19/adult and $11/child (4-14 years)
Concessions; Auckland Seniors & Students:
- A flexible peak ticket is $24
- A pre-booked peak ticket is $20
- A pre-booked off-peak ticket is $16.50
Visitors from outside of Auckland, including international visitors:
- A peak ticket is $35/adult and $29/child (4-14 years)
- A off-peak ticket is $29/adult and $16.50/child (4-14 years)
Concessions: Non-Auckland/International Seniors & Students:
- A peak ticket is $29
- A off-peak ticket is $24
Infants (0-3 years): are free
All children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Get your tickets here
Or you can find out more about the new ticket structure here.
No you cannot bring your pet into Zoo grounds, however if you would like to visit with a licensed assistant dog please contact our reservations team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to our Work at the Zoo page to learn more about:
- Student Placements
Auckland Zoo has re-imagined it’s Zoo Experiences (formerly known as Behind The Scenes) and is delighted to be able to offer the following Experiences:
Giraffe, Galápagos Tortoise and Red Panda. You can now find out more and book these here.
We also offer Birthday Parties, to find out more please visit our Birthday Parties page.
No you may not bring any animals into Zoo grounds. Please contact one of the following or your local clinic:
Bird Rescue: 09 816 9219
Reptile Rescue (Angie Harvey): 021 113 3469
DOC Marine Animals: 0800 DOC HOT (0800 362 468)
SPCA Animal Rescue: 09 256 7300
Point Chevalier Veterinary Clinic: 09 815 0696
Pet Doctors St. Lukes & Exotics Centre: 09 282 3689 / 09 828 4031
Please select ‘I want to apply for a ticket donation’ on the form at the bottom of the page.
Make a booking today here
We take the stress out of booking. Simply let us know your preferred dates, time and party venue and we’ll take care of the rest!
Birthday party package ($550) includes:
- Private party venue for 90 minutes (10am or 1pm)
- Free all-day zoo admission for up to 20 guests, discounted zoo entry for additional guests
- Personalised invitations
- A dedicated party host to help with party set up, facilitating games, coordinating food and even taking your group shots for you
- A priority parking space for the birthday child's immediate family
- A gift from The Zoo Shop for the birthday child
You can now upload your first photo yourself on the Membership portal, but if you wish to change your photograph, you will need to visit our friendly staff in the Membership Hub or contact us at email@example.com
For your images that you send to us, send through passport style photos (but you can smile in these ones!), and name the files with who is in each photo. We will then upload your images to your pass ready to print for your first visit.
Push chairs - Auckland Zoo's Infomation Centre hires out single and double pushchairs for $8
Wheelchairs - Auckland Zoo's Infomation Centre hires out wheelchairs. These are small and medium so they can easily navigate as much of our terrain as possible. These are free to hire for those who need them.
Mobility scooters - Auckland Zoo's Infomation Centre hires out mobility Scooters for $15.00.
Umbrellas - Auckland Zoo's Information Centre hires out umbrellas for $4. There is also a range of wet weather apparel for purchase from the Zoo Shop.
All items will require a bond item such as car keys or drivers license. To book these items, please email our reservations team - firstname.lastname@example.org Advanced bookings are advised for weekends, public and school holidays.
Having a fresh source of browse (leafy vegetation) is an important component in how we care for our animals. One of the key ways we obtain browse for the zoo’s animals is through the generous donations from our wonderful green-fingered community in Auckland.
If you have browse to donate please reach out here.
Please note – all browse / plants for donation must be pesticide and spray free.
We’d love to see your zoo snaps! You can upload them here and they’ll also be entered into our monthly photography competition.
Please select ‘My query is not listed’ on the form below and specify your reasons.
Please note, we do not offer refunds on tickets if it is raining, you change your mind, or can no longer make your visit. Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. For our full list of entry terms and conditions, including ticket purchase terms, please visit this page.
The programme is part of the Reactivating Tāmaki Makaurau Support Package announced by Government on 1 December. Find out more about the programme here.
How do I use my voucher to come to the Zoo?
- If you're allocated a voucher, the value of your voucher can cover or go towards visiting the Zoo or other eligible Auckland experiences on the Explore Tāmaki Makaurau Bookme website.
I want to change my booking / I have an issue with my booking
- For questions about your booking, please get in touch with BookMe directly or email email@example.com.
I have a question about the voucher program
- For all questions about the voucher programme, including registering, please visit Explore Tāmaki Makaurau.
Auckland Zoo T&Cs
- Vouchers are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no change will be given.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- Vouchers cannot be on sold via third parties.
- Redemption of the Explore Auckland voucher, means you are agreeing to Auckland Zoo’s current terms and conditions of entry.
- We do not offer refunds on tickets if it raining, if you change your mind, or can no longer make your visit.
- Day passes purchased with an Explore Auckland voucher, cannot be deducted from a new membership as per the upgrade deal.