We are Auckland Zoo. A not-for-profit and wildlife conservation organisation dedicated to building a future for wildlife.
- Since opening on 16 December 1922, Auckland Zoo has evolved to become an active conservation organisation and has welcomed over 28 million visitors.
- We focus on four key strategies to achieve our goal:
- Care – we employ the very latest technology, medicine and research to ensure that the wildlife in our care have the best lives possible.
- Connect – we work together, with our colleagues and our communities, to foster discovery of the natural world, inspire action for wildlife and create hope for its future. We lead by example, with optimism, with expertise and with passion
- Wild Work – we use our skills, Zoo skills, wherever they are needed to help wildlife in wild places
- Sustain – through careful management of our site and our assets, we aim to minimise the impact we have on the environment
- Auckland Zoo is a winner of national and international awards and is at the leading-edge of wildlife research, conservation work and innovative zoo design.
Everything we do at Auckland Zoo directly contributes towards our conservation efforts - how we care for the wildlife at the Zoo, our Wild Work and Conservation Fund, our environmental impact, and how we connect people with wildlife conservation science, here at the Zoo.