Terms and conditions of Entry
1. Visitors enter the Zoo at their own risk and choose to do so under these Terms and Conditions. No liability for loss, injury or damage will be accepted.
2. Visitors must enter via a public entrance and pay the applicable entrance or membership fee. No tickets will be exchanged or substituted after purchase. No refunds will be given due to inclement weather, maintenance or construction work, animals not on view, or exhibits closed.
3. Auckland Zoo has the authority to close the Zoo or any part thereof, including any animal habitat or keeper talk, remove animals from display for any reason and/or vary the advertised programs at any time for any reason whatsoever including in the interests of safety and will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred by a visitor as a result of such closure or variation.
4. Visitors must not enter any habitat, cross any barrier, or enter any area marked 'no entry' or 'staff only', unless accompanied by an Auckland Zoo staff member.
5. Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult aged 15 years or over. The Zoo reserves the right to report any unaccompanied children to the appropriate authorities.
6. Visitors must not bring into the Zoo any animal (excluding fully-vaccinated, pre-approved assistance dogs), costume (if deemed inappropriate by Auckland Zoo), balloons, balls, frisbees or other throwing or sporting devices, whistles, horns or other noisemakers, motorised vehicles, bicycles, rollerskates, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or similar apparatus; alcohol or illegal substance. Toddlers' bicycles are permitted only if fitted with a rigid fixed handle and under the control of a responsible adult at all times. Auckland Zoo reserves the right to inspect any visitor’s bag(s) on request. Dogs must not be left in cars.
7. Visitors must not touch, disturb or interfere with any animal (including free-range birds); feed any animal; throw any object; allow any objects to fall into or enter habitats; climb on, damage or deface any structure or signage; light any fire; or litter. Remote controlled vehicles and devices, such as drones, are also prohibited. If you do allow an object to fall into an animal habitat, please do not attempt to retrieve it and notify a member of staff.
8. All visitors must wear attire appropriate for a community facility and, for safety reasons, appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Clothing with objectionable, vulgar or offensive writing, images or imprints are not permitted. Auckland Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry to visitors wearing costumes or items of clothing that may, at Auckland Zoo's absolute discretion, be considered objectionable or have a negative impact on the Zoo’s animals or other visitors.
9. Visitors must not conduct any commercial or charity activity without the written consent of Auckland Zoo. Professional (including commercial) photography and filming, including all media and commercial organisations, is only permitted by prior arrangement with our Marketing and Communications department.
10. Auckland Zoo is smoke-free and smoking is not permitted in the Zoo grounds, this includes electronic cigarettes and vaping. During normal Zoo opening hours there is a designated smoking area outside the main Zoo entrance. Visitors who do not comply will be asked to leave or may be removed.
11. Visitors must comply with the car parking signs displayed in the car parking area. Failure to comply may result in your vehicle being towed at your risk and expense. Auckland Zoo accepts no liability for any claim by you or any other person, whether for loss or damage to your vehicle or any other vehicle, whether resulting from using the car park or from your own negligence or otherwise.
12. Visitors must comply with any other conditions or instructions displayed in Zoo grounds or communicated by Zoo personnel.
13. The Zoo retains the right to deny access and/or remove visitors who fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions of Entry, are being a public nuisance, acting recklessly and/or failing to observe directions from Zoo personnel or any Zoo signage.
14. Visitors must adhere to the adult to children ratio below when visiting: 1 adult to 8 children (aged 0-14 years). Groups without adequate supervision ratios will not be permitted to enter the Zoo.
The decision to deny access and/or remove any visitor is at the absolute discretion of Auckland Zoo.