All items contained on this website, both images and text, are the property of Auckland Zoo. If you use any material from this site, you must obtain the express written permission of Auckland Zoo.
Every reasonable effort has been made to provide current and accurate information on this site.
A number of external links have been included on pages for additional information. However, Auckland Zoo does not accept any responsibility for the content or operation of any external site.
Additional information for COVID-19
When you enter any of our sites, you will be required to register details of your visit. This is a mandatory condition of entry.
The personal information we are collecting through this form is important to help New Zealand prevent the spread of COVID-19. It may need to be used for contract tracing, which helps health authorities find people who may have been exposed to this disease. This information may also be used for health, safety and wellbeing purposes, to ensure that RFAL is protecting our staff and people who come onto our sites.
The personal information we collect will be stored securely and then destroyed after 2 months. We will not use this information for any other purpose than contact tracing or to protect health and safety of our staff and sites.
We will only disclose the information if we receive a request from health authorities. Public health units have the authority to see this information if you test positive for COVID-19 or may have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 while onsite, so they can track the spread of the disease. We will not share this information with any other party or for any other purpose.
* * *
- Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
- Auckland Conventions Venues & Events
- Auckland Live
- Auckland Stadiums
- Auckland Zoo
- New Zealand Maritime Museum
- Chief Executive Office
- Corporate Services
What kind of personal information does Regional Facilities Auckland collect?
The personal information we collect may include your name, addresses, email address, telephone numbers, and any other information provided by you in connection with, or specifically related to your communications with us or, your use of our services or facilities.
We will only collect personal information for a lawful purpose connected with one or more of our functions or activities, where the collection of personal information is necessary for that purpose.
As an artist or contractor of Regional Facilities Auckland we may also collect details on your next of kin, bank account, remuneration, drivers licence, fingerprints, referee details and other information which may be required to commence working for us.
Collecting your information
We may collect personal information about you as set out below:
- We may collect personal information about you when you or someone acting on your behalf provides information to us directly. For example when you:
- Apply for employment with us.
- Correspond with us, whether in person, by letter, phone, text, email, instant messages or other means of electronic communication.
- Complete and submit forms we provide for applications including for various memberships, enquiries, credit, competitions, copyright or for the use of any of our services or facilities, including signing up for and using our online services and apps, such as our online payment services.
- Use any of our services or facilities including art reproduction, copying, conservation and filming, booking activity programmes and internships.
- Subscribe to any of our newsletter or update services.
- Attend our events/facilities
- Make use of any Wi-Fi services provided by us
- Follow or post comments in response to our social media or other facilities such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- We may keep a record of any information that you acquire from us.
- We may monitor and record phone calls made to or by us for quality control or staff training purposes. If a call you make to us, or that we may make to you, is to be monitored and recorded, you will be informed of this at the time of the call.
- We may collect personal information about you from other organisations, entities or persons, such as:
- The New Zealand Police, credit reporting agencies and other organisations, entities and persons where you have expressly authorised them to provide us with information.
- When you visit one of our websites, we may use technology solutions such as "cookies" to provide you with better access to tailored information and services on the websites and to better serve you when you return to them.
- Our internet service providers may also make a record of your visit and log information for statistical purposes. This information is only analysed on a bulk basis for broad demographic content. Individual use is not analysed. We do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to give us personal information while using our website.
- “Closed Circuit Television” (CCTV) is used in our facilities in order to help reduce crime and anti-social behaviour and to promote community safety. Signage advising of CCTV equipment will give notice of areas covered by such equipment. CCTV footage will only be reviewed by authorised people in accordance with the purpose noted above or for the purposes of regularly checking the system is operational. No attempt is made to identify individuals from CCTV footage except in relation to a reported or suspected incident requiring investigation.
Using your information
The personal information that we collect about you may be used for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you with services or facilities, including:
- Those you have requested;
- For the purpose of running competitions;
- Undertaking post event surveys;
- Collecting marketing data; and
- Assisting Auckland Council and other Council Controlled Organisations to provide such services or facilities to you.
- To positively confirm your identity. This is to avoid inappropriate release or use of your information.
- To respond to correspondence or to provide you with information that you have requested.
- To process your application for any services provided by us e.g. conservation work, art reproduction requests, programmes such as holiday programmes and booking spaces for use for which you have applied.
- To process your application to use or to register for any of our services or facilities, including our online services and memberships.
- To process payments received or made by us, and to remind you of any payments that might be owing to us.
- To respond to your requests, enquiries or feedback, or for customer care related activities.
- To provide you with information about our events, news, services or facilities, or the events, news, services or facilities of Auckland Council and other Council Controlled Organisations that we consider may be of interest to you.
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- To carry out activities connected with the running of our business or operations such as personnel training, or testing and maintenance of computer and other systems.
- For any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
- For general administrative and business purposes.
Sharing your information
We may disclose personal information about you to:
- Any person engaged by us to provide products or services to you on our behalf, where your personal information is necessary for the provision of those products or services.
- Auckland Council, and other Council Controlled Organisations, in order to assist with the functions and services that they provide.
- A third party if we are required to do so under any laws or regulations, or in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations. This may include sharing CCTV footage with the New Zealand Police or other public sector agencies where criminal activity is reported or suspected. The New Zealand Police may also access live feeds from certain CCTV cameras from time to time, for law enforcement, investigation and emergency response purposes.
- Any person you expressly authorise us to disclose your personal information to, including third party event organisers.
What if you do not provide us with the personal information requested?
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information about you that we request from you, we may not be able to adequately respond to your correspondence, process any applications you have submitted, provide the services or facilities you have requested, process payments or otherwise deal with any requests or enquiries you have submitted.
Security and accuracy
We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is:
- Protected against loss, damage, misuse and unauthorised access. We restrict access to personal information to those individuals who need access to this information in order to assist us in performing our duties and obligations.
- Accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
How long we hold personal information
We may retain all personal information that we collect (on both our active systems and our archive systems), for as long as administratively necessary.
The Public Records Act 2005 requires us to retain “protected records” indefinitely. In some circumstances, your personal information may be included within a protected record.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request confirmation of whether or not we hold any personal information about you and you may request access to your personal information that we hold by emailing us at email@example.com or otherwise contacting us, at the address provided below. Once we have verified your identity we will provide you with such confirmation and access unless one of the grounds for refusal to do so under the Privacy Act applies.
You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we agree that your personal information is to be corrected we will provide you with an amended record of your personal information if requested.
Your rights of access to and correction of any personal information we hold about you are subject to the procedures set out in the Privacy Act.
Who you can contact for further information
Privacy Officer: email@example.com
Postal Address: PO Box 5749, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1142