Get up close with the red panda
In the wild, red panda spend up to 12 hours a day foraging for food, and as much as they like to eat, they also like to sleep high in the trees. Tempt the red panda down from the trees by offering them one of their favourite treats. Be patient, sometimes sleeping high up in the branches is more important than an afternoon snack.
Your expert animal keeper will share how we care for red panda at Auckland Zoo as well as some of their natural behaviours and diet.
Individual animals have the choice on how they participate in Experiences. Every Experience will be unique.
- Your Experience will start with a safety briefing
- You will then enter the red panda habitat with a zoo keeper for approximately 20 minutes
- Discover how we care for the red panda, their diet, and natural behaviours
- Feeding opportunities if the red panda choose to participate
- Photo opportunities inside the red panda habitat - remember to bring your phone or small handheld camera
- All-day Zoo access - make the most of your visit and explore the rest of the Zoo at your leisure
Booking this Experience helps to support our important wildlife conservation work, with a portion of your purchase going towards conservation efforts here and in the wild.
Annual pass members receive 20% off with valid I.D.