Due to the current measles epidemic, to protect the health of our animals, Auckland Zoo’s squirrel monkey/capybara experience is currently on hold. Check back for updates late September 2019.
Sharing their home in the Zoo’s Rainforest, our unique Squirrel Monkey and Capybara experience will be one you treasure for years to come. Our Bolivian squirrel monkeys are full of surprises! Meet these cheeky and intelligent primates up close when you feed them their favourite lunch. Then, treat the world’s largest rodent to a good back scratch.
Please note, this experience does not allow guests to pet or touch the capybara. Back-scratchers will be provided.
- Learn about diet, natural behaviours and individual personalities.
- Feed our cheeky squirrel monkeys their favourite snacks.
- Use our handy back-scratchers to treat our capybara to a good scratch.
- While you are immersed in your Experience, your skilled guide will take photos to capture your once in a lifetime experience. You will receive these on a USB at the end of the day.
- Make the most of your visit with all-day Zoo access – explore the rest of the Zoo at your leisure.