Discover all of Aotearoa New Zealand at Auckland Zoo.
Take an immersive journey through the stunning habitats of Te Wao Nui inspiring every visitor to be kaitiaki (guardians) of our unique wildlife and wild places. Discover the rare and fascinating animals such as iconic kiwi and tuatara that are found nowhere else in the world. Learn about our native plant species and the importance of them in Māori culture, and the environment. Te Wao Nui offers both locals and tourists a truly unique experience of New Zealand’s animals, plants and culture all in one location at Auckland Zoo.
Encompassing one fifth of the Zoo, Te Wao Nui is home to over 100 native plant species of Aotearoa and around 60 different animal species. From the wild and rugged high country, picturesque alpines, wetlands and coast to dense night forests featuring our kiwi habitat – it’s truly an unforgettable experience.
- Your tour will start at the specified meeting point where you will meet your Zoo Guide
- Your Zoo Guide will take you on an immersive journey through the stunning habitats of Te Wao Nui (our Aotearoa New Zealand track) for approximately 60 minutes
- Discover NZ native animals and plants and learn about their importance in Māori culture and the environment
- Photo opportunities are all the way along the track - remember to bring your phone or small handheld camera
- All-day Zoo access - make the most of your visit and explore the rest of the Zoo at your leisure
Booking this tour helps to support our important wildlife conservation work, with a portion of your purchase going towards conservation efforts here and in the wild. Let us share with you some of the amazing work that we do outside the Zoo to protect our country’s natural treasures.
Member Booking Annual pass members must present valid I.D.