This leisurely evening is guaranteed to be a fun and memorable night for all (couples, friends, family groups, work colleagues…) - featuring a five-course degustation menu, entertainment and of course – exclusive access to Te Papa and Weta Workshop’s blockbuster science exhibition Bug Lab.
To please all palates, guests also have vegetarian options to choose from (guests will be asked food preferences on ticket purchase).
Julia Deans, one of New Zealand's most talented singer songwriters (and self-confessed fan of bugs), is performing an intimate acoustic set, and Te Papa’s irrepressible ‘bug man’ Dr Phil Sirvid will entertain, educate and shock with stories from the love lives of some of the world’s most extraordinary bugs.
Guests will also get the chance to see live bugs, and hear about Auckland Zoo's love affair with Aotearoa's most iconic invertebrates; including our wonderful wētāpunga, for which we are continuing to lead to a brighter future with our exciting and highly successful recovery programme.
Tickets are limited, so book now to secure your reservation for this magical evening.
On arrival - Lindauer Special Reserve Blanc de Blanc
- Crafted from 100% Chardonnay grapes this off-dry sparkling is elegant, refined and well-balanced. With delicate aromas of biscuit, lemon sorbet and nuttiness, the palate has layers of creaminess with underlying honey, meringue and grapefruit notes.
Grilled Prawn, watermelon, green apple gel, crumbed locust game chip, thyme salt
- Wine match - Lindauer Special Reserve Brut Cuvee, the high proportion of Pinot Noir adds weight, flavour and depth of colour perfectly complementing the freshness of this amuse-bouche
Beetroot, cured salmon, edamame, Lemon confit, bug crumb parmesan wafer
- Wine match - Wither Hills Wairau Valley Chardonnay. Pure and elegant, this wine showcases cool climate characters of fresh lime and white peach with French oak nuances
Lamb backstrap, carrot puree, braised agria, pickled vegetables, rosemary jus, cricket bread croute
- Wine match - Russian Jack Martinborough Pinot Noir. Offering aromas and flavours of wild strawberry, red cherry and herb
Kapiti Brie, Kikorangi blue, caramelized apple, locust lavosh
- Wine match - Lindauer Special Reserve Cuvee Riche. A small additional of dessert wine gives this blend a richer palate weight with a sweet well-rounded flavour
Chocolate lava cake, raspberry, ant meringue puffs
- Wine match - Wither Hills Single Vineyard Taylor River Pinot Noir. A layered structure of forest berries, peppercorn spice, chewy tannins and bright acidity