Introducing our most immersive behind-the-scenes experience to date! You'll spend the day with our zookeepers caring for our carnivores; big cats, red pandas, meerkats, otters and more.
Cleaning, maintenance, feeding, health-checks, training, and enrichment are just some of the hands-on activities you'll be participating in. A truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience what it's like to be a zookeeper and learn how a modern zoo cares for its precious animals.
Your guide will tailor the experience based on any particular areas of interest or objectives you might have.
- A pre-tour phone-call to answer questions and discuss any particular interests or objectives.
- An exclusive, varied and in-depth experience – you'll have the opportunity to work alongside several experienced zookeepers.
- Venture behind-the-scenes and learn first-hand how we care for our animals at Auckland Zoo.
- Clean, feed, train, health-check and enrich a variety of animals on the Carnivore section of Auckland Zoo.
- Your guide will provide photos of you immersed in your experience to take home on USB. Personal devices are not permitted to be used in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Experience includes all-day Zoo access – so you are free to explore the rest of the Zoo at your leisure.
You Will Need:
- Covered work boots, ideally steel-capped.
- Neutral coloured work clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty, shorts permitted. Wet weather gear will be provided if necessary.
- Water bottle and packed lunch (cafe food also available onsite).
- A good level of fitness and stability on uneven ground.
- A sense of adventure and an even bigger sense of humour.
To book please contact our Experience Products team:
- (09) 360 4700