All Behind-The-Scenes participants are expected to comply with these terms and conditions and will be required to sign a health and safety acknowledgment when they arrive for their Experience, to confirm their understanding. If you are booking on behalf of an organization or group of people, please ensure that everyone participating in the Experience is aware of this information. Those not complying with the guidelines, or presenting a risk to themselves, animals or others, may be asked to leave the Zoo. No refund will be issued under these circumstances.
- All participants must be at least 5 years old, and children under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Auckland Zoo requires participants under 18 years of age to have signed permission from a parent or guardian.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for reasons relating to animal welfare or visitor misconduct, at the keepers or guides discretion.
- All Behind-The-Scenes Experience times and experiences are approximate and are subject to change at any time, at the discretion of Auckland Zoo.
- The price of your Behind-The-Scenes Experience covers your entry into the Zoo on the day of your experience. Any other guests accompanying you to the Zoo must purchase tickets before entering.
- Auckland Zoo will not be liable for any personal injury or for any lost or damaged equipment.
- Taking photographs or video in the Zoo for personal use is permitted. Photographs and video taken may not be taken in any Behind-The-Scenes areas or used for commercial or promotional purposes without express permission from Auckland Zoo. For further information please contact the Zoo's Media and Communications Coordinator on (09) 360 3804.
Responsibilities of the Customer
- All participants must follow the instructions given by their Experience Guide or any other Zoo staff member at all times.
- All participants must wear appropriate clothing and footwear. This includes flat, enclosed footwear, and clothing appropriate to the weather conditions.
- All participants on this experience must be able to walk well on uneven terrain.
- Auckland Zoo must be advised prior to the experience date of any medical conditions or disabilities that may impact on a participant’s participation.
- Strictly no whistles, balls, balloons, frisbees, bikes, skateboards or rollerskates/blades or similar are allowed into the Zoo.
- Due to the possibility of unforeseeable animal or other welfare issues, Auckland Zoo cannot guarantee that all animals and exhibits specified will be available.
- Auckland Zoo has a hands-off policy with many of the species it keeps, therefore physical contact with the animals is not guaranteed on every experience.
- Please do not feed any of the animals. If feeding is allowed as part of your Experience, the guide will provide you with the appropriate food and instructions.
- Under no circumstances should you attempt to have contact with an animal unless under instruction by a Zoo staff member.
Payments and Confirmation
All Behind-The-Scenes Experience bookings must be paid in advance – at least ten working days before the booked Experience date.
Behind-The-Scenes Experience bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.